International Business Council (IBC) was established in December 2000 as an informal club of foreign investors. Since that time IBC has become a stable organization which brings together leading companies with both foreign and local capital, including the largest taxpayers representing almost all sectors of the Kyrgyz economy and well-known domestic brands, as well as prominent international organizations.
- Promoting the economic development of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Improving the investment climate and business environment in Kyrgyzstan
- Representing the opinion of business community in the Government, President’s Office, and Parliament.
Our committees work on the following issues: investment, mineral resources, fiscal policy, sustainable development and corporate social responsibility, intellectual property, human resources management.
IBC is a member of:
- National Council for Sustainable Development of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Business Development and Investment Council under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Committee on Subsoil Use Licensing, State Agency for Geology and Mineral Resources under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Methodological Council on Fiscal Policy Coordination, Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic
- and various other commissions, councils and committees
- Investment Now magazine, published twice a year
- Monthly IBC Law Review
- Monthly Tax Alert
- Investor Survey, published twice a year
- Monthly IBC Events newsletter
- IBC Weekly News Digest
- IBC website
Today IBC unites about 140 entities, which are the leading private companies from various sectors of the economy with a combined investment of over $1 billion USD in the Kyrgyz Republic. IBC members contribute to 1/3 of the country’s revenue and belong to the top 10 tax payers of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Individual entrepreneurs are essential to IBC’s lobbying activities that provide a platform, where business and government can directly interact and share their experiences in order to:
- Expand the network;
- Make long-term business connections;
- Improve the knowledge of local business regulations.